CBI programs have many benefits depending on what you are looking for. Here are just some of the key reasons why a second passport might be the perfect option for you.
- Save on taxes. With most CBI programs, you can save on taxes so the cost of the citizenship investment can actually pay for itself through your total long term savings. All Caribbean citizenships are exempt from most taxation including income tax, inheritance tax, capital gains and gift tax.
- Save on visa costs. This is particularly helpful if you travel a lot for business and pleasure. If you have a passport that allows visa-free travel to over 150 countries, this can save time and money on applying and waiting for the visas before travelling.
- Save on education costs. If you have children, it’s important to consider their future education and job opportunities. International students pay considerably more on tuition fees compared to national students. Obtaining a particular nationality could enable your child to get a better education at a much lower cost.
- If you’re involved in trade or own your own business which you wish to grow internationally, having the right citizenship could cut costs on international trade contracts and make things simpler to do business.
- Living costs. If you are considering retirement and are looking for a low-cost but high quality lifestyle without having to cash in assets or your savings, a second citizenship could be the best way to achieve that, particularly in a country with a strong healthcare system.