Cyprus is strategically located in between the 3 continents of Europe, Asia and Africa. Cyprus is currently offering the quickest, most assured route to a EU citizenship through its citizenship by investment program that started in 2013. An investment of €2.0 million in real estate is required, plus a donation of €75,000 to the Governments research and development fund and €75,000 to the land development organization. Cyprus is unique in its offering of citizenship, offering a second passport within just 6 months after making the investment. An EU passport gives the freedom to work, travel and live anywhere in Europe.
• The main applicant must be over 18 years old.
• Have a clean criminal record from country of origin.
• Have a clean criminal record from country of residence.
• If application for citizenship in other member-state of the EU has been rejected, not eligible for the acquisition of the Cypriot citizenship by investment program.
• The applicant must hold a valid Schengen visa.
• Hold a residence permit in Cyprus for at least 6 months.
• Investments need to be retained for at least 5 years from the date of taking the citizenship.
• Residential property of €500,000 must be kept for life.